Friday 9 November 2012

Onto The Next Century!!

Grove 9/11/12

With reports of Penduline Tits at Grove this morning Dad and I went over there for an hour at lunchtime to see if any were about. After sitting in the hide for about an hour and a half we heard the call of a Penduline Tit and we saw a small bird fly up and across the reeds and on closer inspection through the binoculars it was a Penduline Tit! A lifer for both of us! We waited a while to see if there was any sign of the others but it was too windy I think so we went home with a smile on our faces and for a nice hot drink.

Looking at my lists tonight I realised that Penduline Tit was my 201st Kent life tick so I have moved into my next century of birds! Not a bad one to start the next hundred with!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Dan. As you say the wind is quite important for these. It was pretty still this morning when we had them. I have some shots on my blog. www.stourvalley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the double Century Dan. Still to make it !!Only another 18 to go.

    ReplyDelete