Friday 15 February 2013

A Day With A Penduline Tit

15/2/13

I had planned to go to Stodmarsh to see if anything was about (other than the Penduline Tit) then maybe move on to Westbere and Grove. Well, that didn't work out.

I started at Reedbed Hide where I picked up Shoveler, Teal, Mallard, Coot, Mute Swan and it had my first Kingfisher of the year in the trees to the left. I also had a Marsh Harrier fly in quite close but it continues to be my bogey bird when it gets in front of the camera! I also had a Buzzard circle over.

I then made my way to the boardwalk via the Alder Wood where I saw plenty of Siskin, Dunnock, Chaffinch, Treecreeper, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wren, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird and Long-Tailed Tit. As I arrived at the boardwalk the Penduline Tit was showing well. I met Adam there too and that's where I stayed the rest of the day in great company. I also managed to see a Cetti's Warbler back end as it disappeared back into the reeds. We also saw a strange Buzzard whilst there. At the time it seemed bigger than the other Buzzards that were circling and it had quite a white rump but the picture makes me think Common Buzzard not Rough Legged so I am quite what stumped by it.

A couple of pictures from Wednesday as well as today.





Mystery Buzzard

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a Common Buzzard to me, but without seeing it I wouldn't be 100%.

    ReplyDelete